WordPress has lakhs of plugins and it quite hard to select few plugins that suite our requirements. There is always a huge competition among the developers at wordpress for their plugins. These plugins when installed on your Blog’s Dashboard will simplify your blogging experience. Here are some of the Plugins that I recommend and are really great… I personally use these plugins and can also be used in WordPress.org. To get these plugins simply click there name and you will be automatically directed to their official page. Alternatively, you can log in to your wordpress.com account, click Plugins and then Add New Plugin, search them and Install them. Make sure you help their developers by donating them, if possible, as they provide you with such a great service free of charge. The first few plugins are related to Social connections and sharing.
1. AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget: – It is a sharing plugins (widget) that you can add to the right or left column of your website as per your layout. Is provides lots of social networking options. Also you can see the share count on the side of the button. It is pretty easy for the visitor to just click and share your page or post on whichever social network he likes. The developers have also give a lots of freedom in customization of the box so that it suites your website. You can make it large or small, images and title or just images.
2. Akismet:- Aksimet is a cool plugin to avoid spam comments or some offensive or annoying comments that put you is trouble if posted on website. Whenever a viewer comments on your post this plugin scans it and checks its health, if it is a spam it goes to the spam folder or it is sent for moderation. I f you do not think it is a spam you can ‘unspam’ it by going in that directory. After installation of this plugin you have to visit its official website and registry free or select a plan and get the Akismet activation key at your inbox.
3. All in one Favicon: – For those who do not know what a favicon is, it is a small icon type image, which you see at the top of the tab where the name of the website is. This is really an all in one favicon plugin. It supports jpg and png format images. All you need to do is to upload the image you want as favicon and blip, you are done!
4. All in One SEO Pack: – Search Engine Optimization is really important for your website. This plugin has everything in it like Google Analytics support, Navigation links, it automatically optimizes the title and the post as per the compatibility of the search engine. It has lots of other feature that will help your SEO.
5. Better WP Security:- It protects your wordpress installation from attackers in short it is like an antivirus.
6. BWP Google XML Sitemaps:- This plugin automatically generates you website site map according to schedule you selected and submits it to Google. This is highly beneficial for your website in terms of SEO. It also creates and submits the sitemap after you publish a post or update it. You don’t have to edit your CSS or have to follow a lengthy process this plugin does everything for us. Google also has its own plugin for sitemap. You can also try that one if you want.
7. Jetpack by WordPress.com:- If you have a WordPress.com account and want to synchronize with your WordPress.org app then this is the plugin you are looking for. I highly recommend you to install this app. This will help your website to go like rocket in terms of traffic because it gives you the access to whole WordPress.com community.
8. Post to Twitter:- Twitter has a great potential to bring a lots of traffic to you blog. Whenever you post something or update your post this plugin sends a tweet with a link to your post to your twitter account. Thus all your followers can read your post the moment you click here publish. Also if you have your twitter account liked to your Facebook fan page then all your friends and followers at Facebook too can read it. So, it is like a Jackpot traffic plugin…!
9. qTranslate:- This plugin translates your posts to other languages for the convenience of your other viewers. It has a great accuracy although you can try plugins from other developers.
10. Sharebar:- This is an awesome plugin to make your viewers share your posts. It floats at the left side of your post and moves along with it until the end as you scroll down your browsers window. The only problem it has is that it does not give you many options to share. Instead you can try Social Media widget it gives many sharing options and it is customizable.
11. Top Commentators Widget:- This plugin displays the top commentators on your blog column, this encourages the viewers to comment to get on the top position of this list.
12. Ultimate TinyMCE:- WordPress does not gives a lots of option to customize your post. This plugin replaces the edit post dashboard with its own dashboard with hundreds of option, you don’t have to edit any codes. Highly recommended.
13. The rest plugins you can install are Facebook like box, Twitter follow box, RSS Feeds subscribe box, Google+ button, Email Subscribe box, etc. which can be found at their respective developers. Also I would like you to recommend you to install a Captcha plugin. When a viewer comments on your blog he is asked to use the captcha so as to prove he is a human and not a robot. For live testing of these plugins you can visit my website BASICS SCIENCE. If you have found a good plugin please share your experience with us here at the comment box so that even we can use it.
- Favourite WordPress Plugins (infowarestudios.co.za)
- Top 11 FREE WordPress Seo Plugins 2013 for your blog (empowernetwork.com)
Leave a Comment: