Syntactic Parsing or Dependency Parsing is the task of recognizing a sentence and assigning a syntactic structure to it. The most widely used syntactic structure is the parse tree which can be generated using some parsing algorithms. These parse trees are useful in various applications like grammar checking or more importantly it plays a critical role … Continue reading Dependency Parsing in NLP
A friend of mine published this realy great post about Information Retrieval. I have reblogged it here.
Information Retrieval (IR) is the activity of obtaining information from large collections of Information sources in response to a need.
The working of Information Retrieval process is explained below
- The Process of Information Retrieval starts when a user creates any query into the system through some graphical interface provided.
- These user-defined queries are the statements of needed information. for example, queries fork by users in search engines.
- In IR single query does not match to the right data object instead it matches with the several collections of data objects from which the most relevant document is taken into consideration for further evaluation.
- The ranking of relevant documents is done to find out the most related document to the given query.
- This is the key difference between the Database searching and Information Retrieval.
- After the query is sent to the core of the system. This part has the access to the content management…
View original post 223 more words
This answer was originally published by me on Quora, answering the question : "What are some of the little things your parents did for you that made the biggest impact?" And here is my response : "When I was a kid my parents bought me these books : The World Book of Encyclopedia, I remember I was … Continue reading What are some of the little things your parents did for you that made the biggest impact?
What are Lexicons ? A word in any language is made of a root or stem word and an affix. These affixes are usually governed by some rules called orthographic rules. These orthographic rules define the spelling rules for a word composition in Morphological Parsing phase. A lexicon is a list of such stem words and … Continue reading A Cognitive study of Lexicons in Natural Language Processing.
In the last blog post on Setting Up Electron Framework for Desktop Apps, we talked about Electron framework and its installation, we also tried a "Hello World" example in Electron. This post will a short one and will help you to configure Electron in an IDE - IntelliJ IDEA 2016. Let's get started with our configuration, first thing … Continue reading Configuring IntelliJ IDEA for Electron