Past couple of months I have been working on a Question Answering System and in my upcoming blog posts, I would like to share some things I learnt in the whole process. I haven't reached to a satisfactory accuracy with the answers fetched by the system, but it is work in progress. Adam QAS on … Continue reading NLP: Question Classification using Support Vector Machines [spacy][scikit-learn][pandas]
A friend of mine published this realy great post about Information Retrieval. I have reblogged it here.
Information Retrieval (IR) is the activity of obtaining information from large collections of Information sources in response to a need.
The working of Information Retrieval process is explained below
- The Process of Information Retrieval starts when a user creates any query into the system through some graphical interface provided.
- These user-defined queries are the statements of needed information. for example, queries fork by users in search engines.
- In IR single query does not match to the right data object instead it matches with the several collections of data objects from which the most relevant document is taken into consideration for further evaluation.
- The ranking of relevant documents is done to find out the most related document to the given query.
- This is the key difference between the Database searching and Information Retrieval.
- After the query is sent to the core of the system. This part has the access to the content management…
View original post 223 more words
What are Lexicons ? A word in any language is made of a root or stem word and an affix. These affixes are usually governed by some rules called orthographic rules. These orthographic rules define the spelling rules for a word composition in Morphological Parsing phase. A lexicon is a list of such stem words and … Continue reading A Cognitive study of Lexicons in Natural Language Processing.
Naive Bayes Classifier is probably the most widely used text classifier, it's a supervised learning algorithm. It can be used to classify blog posts or news articles into different categories like sports, entertainment and so forth. It can be used to detect spam emails. But most important is that it's widely implemented in Sentiment analysis. … Continue reading Naive Bayes Classifier in Python